As you take the normal opportunities of your daily life and
create something of beauty and helpfulness, you improve not
only the world around you but also the world within you.
~President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Monday, August 8, 2011

The Kids Room

I have been busy trying to redo the little room for our kids to share. Our little Preston and Anni have become roomies and it has actually gone really well!
It was fun to try to arrange things to all fit in this little room, and to try to make things look new and fun using things we had, and by picking up a few things at the second hand store.
Here is how it turned out:

Anni's side of the room:



I love how the oversized picture (printed from Costco---only $2.99) turned out in the Ikea frame. It was a great pic and makes me smile every time I go in there.
-I made the clustered pom pom hanging by making some paper fans, and using this tutorial for paper doily pompoms. I bought the doilies at Dollorama.
The "A" was one I had and just painted, then hung inside the frame that I already had.


The Side Table:

-I found this little wicker footrest at Homesense on clearance for $15. I just couldn't pay the $75 for a nightstand that every store seemed to be asking, so this will work for now.
-Anni loves to read at night, so I put up a little Ikea shelf beside her bed where she can reach and place a few books that she wants to have by her bed. It is working well so far!

Preston's Side:

--I have been collecting embroidery hoops at Value Villages around the city for a couple months with this project in mind. The hoops ranged form $0.50 to $1.99 for the biggest one. I was able to use fabric that I had to place inside. I found the "P" at Goodwill! That was lucky! I think it turned out great and was cheap and easy!


Mirror:

-I found this mirror at Value Village for $6 and painted it. I also glued on a magnet that I had in the center top to add a little character.

There are still some little things to do, but the room is functional and nice and cozy for the kids. They are loving being roomies and it has been so nice to get our living room back!

1 comment:

  1. Jenna, everything looks gorgeous. I am not the least bit surprised that this room is in YOUR house! LOL. It looks so great. I"m also happy you got your living room back!

    ReplyDelete