As you take the normal opportunities of your daily life and
create something of beauty and helpfulness, you improve not
only the world around you but also the world within you.
~President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Thursday, March 17, 2011

50 Years Young

Party time! We hosted my mother-in-law's 50th birthday party at our house a little while back. For the decorations I found these paper lanterns at Pier 1 on clearance for $1.50 each (regular $12!). I got some old photos of her printed at Costco and stuck them in some frames from Ikea ($0.99 each) and added some buttons with Zots for a little embelishment on the frames.

(not the best pic......sorry!)



The meal turned out great! I have been loving my cookbook from Our Best Bites and everything came from there.

We had:







Green Salad





Cookie Pie with Ice Cream and Chocolate Sauce (I really like my recipe.....2 c. sugar with 1 can evaporated milk, 1 cup margarine and 1/2 cup cocoa......bring to boil and let simmer for 10 min....so good and easy!)


Yummm!


We finished off the night reading through a scrapbook I put together with my sister-in-law which was comprised of letters from family to my mother-in-law and pictures of her life! It was a great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment