As you take the normal opportunities of your daily life and
create something of beauty and helpfulness, you improve not
only the world around you but also the world within you.
~President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

TV Stand Makeover

I recently purchased a little cabinet from GOODWILL thrift store in hopes of making it a place to put our TV on and keep all the buttons out of reach of my little girl who will soon be crawling and getting into everything.  This little unit I thought would be perfect as it has little doors that are glass so you dont have to have them open for the remotes to work.

BEFORE:
 

The cord was to a little light someone had installed to make it into a little display cabinet.  This had to go for the purpose I was using the cabinet for.

Note the mirror backing....that had to be changed as well.  As you will see in the photos below I covered it with some wrapping paper using modge podge.  So slick!



AFTER:


A shot of the cute wrapping paper back!


The fun details of the bottom were one of the reasons I bought this stand! It looks so cute painted!


Handles I splurged on at Home Depot for $4 each - worth it!


The end result....Fits perfectly! I love the bright and cheery colour especially.  It really livens up the room and makes me excited for spring and summer!

Tess

No comments:

Post a Comment