As you take the normal opportunities of your daily life and
create something of beauty and helpfulness, you improve not
only the world around you but also the world within you.
~President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Monday, April 23, 2012

A Sad Story......

So our local church congregation was having an unbirthday party. There was to be a little cake/cookie/treat table and I had signed up to bring a cake. Honestly, I am not much of a cake person (as in liking to eat or good at making), but I thought it was an area that I should try to improve in. After spending Friday night whipping this baby up, I was feeling like it was all worth it. It smelled and looked pretty darn good. Saturday the kids and I piled in the van to head to the party. I ever so gently placed the cake (contained in my cake stand) on the floor of the front passenger seat. Well, we made it a few blocks and after trying to make the turning light the cake became no more. It toppled over and now resembled more of a pile of mud. Let's just say I was a little sad. I think Anni was pretty worried about me and kept asking me if I was ok. haha. Well, I can laugh about it now, but at least I took a picture before leaving the house, right!
I found the recipe here. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment