As you take the normal opportunities of your daily life and
create something of beauty and helpfulness, you improve not
only the world around you but also the world within you.
~President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Friday, March 16, 2012

Easter Time!

I have taken a break from crafts, but I knew that could only last so long. This past week Anni and I got out our paint brushes and made a few little easter decorations with things from around the house! It was fun and they turned out nice and "eastery."

We went hunting around the yard for branches to fill our pitcher. We then painted a wood block we had and used a silhouette vinyl rabbit shape as a stencil. The block was nice and easy and we like our little bunny.
I found a little glass dish at Value Village for $1 and filled it with nothing less than Cadbury Mini Eggs, yum! The platter was one I had made for a baby shower, so I just gave it a new coat of bright blue paint (Folkart Patina) and there you have it!




I found a little leftover piece of MDF board and used it to make a spring welcome sign. Again I used a Silhouette vinyl image as a stencil.



My crafty side is satisfied for now......

No comments:

Post a Comment