As you take the normal opportunities of your daily life and
create something of beauty and helpfulness, you improve not
only the world around you but also the world within you.
~President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Monday, March 22, 2010

Curtain Experiment

So as previously mentioned....I am not much of a sewer. I would sure love to be, but I chose sports over learning things like sewing and piano. What was I thinking? Ha!
I have been wanting to have some curtains for our bedroom, but the price of those things are just too much to swallow right now, so I got brave on Friday (as I had the evening to myself as Darin was away) and made my first set of curtains! I went for the simple tab panel style, which is the only style that would work for our corner windows anyway! I had some material that I thought might work, and it did! I used every square inch of that stuff and it happened to be just enough!
So if you don't think you are much of a sewer and think you can't make curtains, I am here to say YOU CAN! If I could do it, anyone could do it!
I just pressed all the edges, made some tabs, did some measuring, sewing, and about 2 hours from start I had myself some curtains.
Should I have lined them? Yes, probably. Did I? No way! Maybe on my second attempt at curtains I will go for the lining.
All in all I am really happy with the results, and my husband is even happier! He is proud of his little sewing wife and wants to show everyone who comes to our house the curtains I made! What a guy...

Before:


After:


They just finish it off nicely :)

No comments:

Post a Comment